After coming home from work, I decide I need to go for a walk to clear my head. Normally, I go for a stroll in my neighborhood or through GGP, which is just a couple of blocks from my apartment. But I decide to walk through downtown, an area that I never really explore. I want to be near any sort of hustle bustle, to people watch, and to feel like I am back in a large city like Chicago where there's so much going on to distract you.
Nothing beats a walk in SF on a nice day, except for maybe a walk on Lake Shore Drive on a warm summer night. The vastness of Lake Michigan outlined by the Chicago skyline.. gorgeous, just gorgeous. Still, Chicago cannot touch the SF charm that I've grown to love. The Edwardians and Victorians, quirky storefronts, mom and pop shops, street tags and murals, grocery stores and farmer's markets with guaranteed organic produce somewhere.. just some things that SF owns hands down. And of course, that's just my opinion. This weekend, I might even go for an afternoon stroll in the Mission, an idea that came to mind after reading an article earlier this week and feeling inspired to do some local exploration.
Windows - halfway open but open. Long stem rose - sitting in the carafe next to my bed and reminding me to smile for the friendships that I have. Song - I'll play it a couple of more times before I head to bed. Roomies - back this weekend..
For now, I'll enjoy the rest of the night. And when my weekends free up again, I plan to go for a longer walk or hike up in Marin County. Hopefully then, I won't get lost like last time when my friends and I got lost on the Lost Trail (of all places).

Gnite, SF.
1 comment:
love your prose... beautiful writing
Post a Comment