Friday, September 4, 2009

Eating Chinese is Laborious

You know, it's one of those nights. No one is at home. In fact, both roomies are out of town, one out of country. I'm to follow suit tomorrow.

Tonight's the type where you've maybe had a longer day than desired, decide to stay inside, eat left over Chinese (unheated), do the dishes, clean out the fridge by throwing out what looks like expired food, and watch re-runs of Project Runway. The fighting between Fatma and Vanessa is pretty entertaining, and it is making my Chinese food taste that much better. I'll put 20 on Fatma.

When I recall last Labor Day weekend, I remember having a mellow night. Good food, good company, and doing hobbies. A few friends and I went out to San Tung's in Inner Sunset for Chinese-style Korean food (see bloody aftermath picture above). After dinner, the boys went home; my girl friend and I capped our night at my place with crafts, making earrings for the first time. We ended just a little after 2 am after realizing how silly it was to be sitting in my kitchen at such an hour with bloodshot eyes and waning determination to perfect the designs.

A redefined Labor Day indeed. Am I noticing the start of a yearly tradition of indoor fun with Chinese food?

In any case, here's to my first generation set.. cheers to 2 am bedtimes.

No comments: